A big part of what we do is to focus on prevention. We are confident we can help you improve your oral health by showing you how to maintain a healthy mouth.
All the treatment necessary to achieve and maintain good oral health is available on the NHS, though this will mostly be provided by our very capable team of dental therapist and extended duties dental nurses.
For ongoing continuing care we always recommend joining either Denplan or our Amble Healthy Smile Plan, you can find out more about the plan by clicking here.
Please see below for the different bands, costs and treatments available and if you do have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Our NHS bands are below, click on each band to see what treatments are available.
Some patients may qualify for exemption and receive free NHS dental services. If you qualify for this then please ensure that you bring your NHS exemption certificate or card, or proof of benefits along to every examination appointment.
If you are not exempt from charges, you should pay one of the following charges for each course of treatment you receive:
Band 1 - £21.60
- clinical examination, case assessment and report
- advice, dental charting, diagnosis and treatment planning
- radiographic examination and radiological report
- study casts including in association with occlusal analysis
- colour photographs
- instruction in the prevention of dental and oral disease including dietary advice and dental hygiene instruction
- surface application as primary preventive measures of sealants and topical fluoride preparations
- scaling and marginal correction of fillings
- taking material for pathological examination
- adjustments to and easing of dentures or orthodontic appliances
- treatment of sensitive cementum
Band 2 - £59.10
- non-surgical periodontal treatment including root-planing, deep scaling, irrigation of periodontal pockets and subgingival curettage and all necessary scaling and polishing
- surgical periodontal treatment, including gingivectomy, gingivoplasty or removal of an operculum
- surgical periodontal treatment, including raising and replacement of a mucoperiosteal flap, curettage, root planning and bone resection
- free gingival grafts
- permanent fillings in amalgam, composite resin, synthetic resin, glass ionomer, compomers, silicate or silico-phosphate, including acid etch retention
- sealant restorations
- endodontic treatment of permanent or retained deciduous teeth
- extraction of teeth
- transplantation of teeth
- oral surgery including surgical removal of cyst, buried root, unerupted tooth, impacted tooth or exostosed tooth and alveolectomy
- soft tissue surgery in relation to the buccal cavity and lips
- frenectomy, frenuloplasty, frenotomy
- relining and rebasing dentures including soft linings
- addition of tooth, clasp, labial or buccal flange to dentures
- splints (other than laboratory made splints) in relation to periodontally compromised teeth and in connection with external trauma
- bite raising appliances (other than laboratory made appliances)
Band 3 - £256.50
- laboratory made porcelain or composite veneers, including acid etch retention
- inlays, pinlays, onlays and palatal veneers, in alloys containing 60% or more fine gold, porcelain, composite resin and ceramics
- crowns including any pin or post aids to retention:
- full or three-quarter crown cast in alloys containing not less than 33⅓% fine gold or platinum or palladium
- full or jacket crown cast in alloys containing stainless steel or cobalt chromium or nickel chromium
- crown in porcelain, synthetic resin and other non-metallic crowns
- full or jacket crowns in alloys containing not less than 33⅓% fine gold or platinum or palladium, or alloys containing stainless steel or cobalt chromium or nickel chromium, with thermally bonded porcelain
- jacket crown thermally bonded to wrought platinum coping
- prefabricated full or jacket crown, including any pin or post retention
- bridges including any pin or post aids to retention:
- bridges in alloys containing 60% or more fine gold with or without thermally bonded facings
- bridges cast in alloys containing stainless steel, cobalt chromium or nickel chromium, with or without thermally bonded facings
- acid etch retained bridges
- bridges in other materials
- provision of full (completed) or partial dentures, overdentures and obturators in synthetic resin or metal or both synthetic resin and metal, including any cast or wrought metal components or aids to retention
- orthodontic treatment and appliances
- other custom made applications excluding sports guard
Need more information?
Simply call the practice on 01665 710678 and we can discuss your requirements.